Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sick= Ugh

I don't like being sick. In fact I truly hate it. My boss may think I like being sick because of how much it seems to happen; but really I don't. In fact I go to great lengths to prevent it. I am one of those people who religiously always washes her hands, with soap and warm water, for at least 20 seconds and opens every door knob on the way back to my desk with a paper towel where I promptly sanitize. Now some of you may think that is insane and I am creating super germs blah, blah, blah whatever. I know the truth which is that the world is covered in feces and I am just smart to avoid it. There is no less than one article a week on MSN that supports my claim. I do not do this at home, we do not remove our shoes while we are indoors (yet), and I do not even lysol at home unless someone has actually been sick.

Normally these tactics work great for me. I do get headaches and this pregnancy seems to be causing me a constant minor cold but other than that I usually do pretty good. Then this week I either get a cold or a bad allergic reaction and I am down 3 days; it blew. But now Husband either has what I had or some breed of something else and it really, really blows. It physically pains me to see him ill. Maybe someday when I have seen it a few more times I will get used to it but he so rarely gets sick usually. I just hate that he isn't well and that there isn't anything that I can do to make him feel better. He also is a man of course so he talks back at any sort of treatment and is belligerent at times. He has been considerably less whiny this time than last but he is fighting me on fever reduction. All of sudden he won't drink any water and he refuses to sleep with a sheet only. I am like give me that blanket my Mom said so! So hopefully by the time he wakes up tomorrow (I just put him to bed after his 2 hour nap on the couch) he will be getting better already. He usually recovers in half the time I do so that is possible.

So to any of you out there whose spouses are sick (probably much sicker than mine) I sympathize with you in the purest of ways. I cannot imagine how hard it will be to stand by and watch this child that I am carrying when it is sick or heartbroken. How as parents can you stomach life? I keep thinking that when my Mom had me this country was in a terrible recession and then she saw prosperity for a while. Although I still feel this world is worth bringing a child into I cannot help but be discouraged. When will we find a cure for cancer? When will adolescents not beat up their friends and post it on You Tube? When will be all be financially solvent and what will we look like when it happens.

See this is what happens when I am stressed and worried and up past my bedtime on the internet.

No comments: