Friday, March 27, 2009

Little Ears

So I read about two weeks ago in my babycenter email that Baby Charlotte is really starting to hear now. They encouraged the parents to talk to the baby and play the baby classical music and so on. Now Husband is like Classical? How about some Zepplin? I tend to agree with him. I am sure the baby could learn more about musicality and good creative writing skills from Zepplin that Chopin but hey that’s just me.

So one night we are sitting on the couch going round and round what should we do about dinner? We had forgotten to take anything out of the freezer and we were doing our “what do you want, no what do you want, what are your top three dance.” And yes it is truly as annoying as it sounds. So annoying in fact it makes me often want to throw up my hands and yell “never mind I am NOT hungry anymore;” which would we both know would be utterly untrue. So I take a break for the pointlessness of our conversation and redirect. This is how that goes:

Me: “You should talk to the baby.”

H: “Hi baby”

Me: “ No I mean say something to her (as I move his head lower to my stomach) tell her something important.” I expected him to say something like I really love your mom or I can’t wait to me you but no of course not. Could he make it that easy? Instead I get…

H: “Baby your Mom thinks she is right A LOT. And I just want to make sure you know right now that she isn’t always right. I get to be right sometimes too.”


I could hardly hear the end over my belly roll of laughter. I wanted to swat him but you know what he was right. At least the kid isn’t getting boring parents right?

No comments: