Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh Dear

Seeing as how we are about to have a baby and well eventually that child will remember every thing that we say and throw it in our face, at the most inopportune time of course, the Husband and I have recently had several conversations discussing how we need to start WATCHING OUR MOUTHS.

I mean I would be lying if I didn’t preface this with the fact that the old Chewy Quaker Oat granola bar commercial is my favorite of all time. You know the one with all the children that say terribly embarrassing thing at the worst time and at the end the voiceover says something like “when your kid needs something in its mouth…” These lovely children embarrassed their parents by repeating things like, “My Mom said she thought you’d never show your face in this town again,” and “My Sister dresses like a fluzy!”

So two things happened recently to really bring this home for me.

The Husband and I were discussing how he really needed to cute back on the racial comments. I mean don’t get me wrong he is not racist or anything like that but he doesn’t always avoid a stereotyped comment. I have expressed with absolute clarity that our kids will not be learning that crap from us so he needs to knock it off. As we are watching TV one night and talking about this very thing, because of a comment naturally, we are also looking through his baby book his Mom made. In the section of firsts it is listed that his first word was Mama, second was Dada and the third was of course….cracker. We promptly dissolved into fits of laughter. We are both sure that he was clearly referring to an actual cracker but still…awesome timing.

The second was last night. A really good friend from DC is in town to visit. She came to dinner last night along with the other spoke of our wheel my http://singininthekitchen.blogspot.com/ dear friend. We have a nice time eating dinner, rocking Jeopardy, and playing with Singing’s new baby. We even talk about this exact thing. Any-who as we walk them out I say something like, “Man it is fricking cold out here or Man I have to fricking pee! (Can’t remember which) I promptly followed that up with a proud, “See babe I am trying I didn’t say the F-word!” Not two seconds later as we round the corner of our car to see them off I exclaim, “holy shit you guys that is a huge fricking dog!” The result is that we are all doubled over laughing, I feel like a complete idiot and a bad example for my child, Singing is asking if she can blog about this today, I get a head pat from Husband like “oh wow what will I do with you,” and yes I think my 22 week pregnant body may have peed just the tiniest bit from laughter.

Good times for sure.

1 comment:

Singin' Mama said...

It was the peeing comment. And yes, it was the best timing in the world. :)